Leicestershire & Derbyshire Yeomanry

On 20 April 2012 a Regimental affiliation was formed between The Worshipful Company of Framework Knitters and the Leicestershire & Derbyshire Yeomanry. The Leicestershire and Derbyshire Yeomanry Regiments were raised in 1794 and amalgamated in 1957. The current sabre Squadron was formed in 1992 which is now established as E (LDY) Squadron, The Royal Yeomanry.

E (LDY) Squadron Royal Yeomanry is based at Tigers Road, South Wigston, Leicester. It has an establishment of six officer and 87 other ranks with a permanent staff of four. The squadron is currently recruited to about 70% of its establishment and has, until recently, had a large proportion of its soldiers deployed on operations in Afghanistan and also supporting the United Nations in Cyprus.

For the annual report and additional information regarding E (LDY) Squadron click here to view the web site.

Leicestershire, Northampton and Rutland Army Cadet Force, also based on Tigers Road, South Wigston has a Leicestershire & Derbyshire Yeomanry Cadet Squadron. F (LDY) Squadron LNR ACF has other detachments at Ashby, Barrow-Upon-Soar, Castle Donnington, Coalville, Ibstock, Loughborough, and Shepshed . The current ACF Squadron strength is in the region of 110, which includes officers, adult instructors and cadets. The Squadron also have a Corps of Drums, which play at events and activities in the area.

For additional information regarding LNR ACF view the web site by clicking here

Colonel Robert Boyle DL, Honorary Colonel LDY and Major Paul Davey, formerly Officer Commanding E (LDY) Squadron, are Liverymen of the Company.

The Worshipful Company of Framework Knitters makes annual awards to members of E (LDY) Squadron and LNR ACF to recognise outstanding achievements and commitment. Reciprocal invitations are exchanged between organisations to dinners and events throughout the year.

Officers who are, or have served, with the LDY are eligible and encouraged to apply for Admittance to the Livery. Interested individuals should contact the Clerk.